Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Type:||Artigo de periódico|
|Title:||THE CONTRIBUTION OF CRANIAL INDETERMINATE GROWTH TO NON-GEOGRAPHIC VARIATION IN ADULT PROECHIMYS-ALBISPINUS (IS GEOFFROY) (RODENTIA, ECHIMYIDAE)|
|Abstract:||Analysed the contribution of cranial indeterminate growth in 19 metric characters to intrapopulation variation in Proechimys albispinus (Is. Geoffroy). Individuals were assigned to eight age classes on the basis of tooth eruption and surface wear criteria. The variation in skull characters was partitioned into age and residual components in adult individuals of age classes 6-8. An average of 17.34 percent of the variation in skull traits is due to the age effect in the three combined age classes of adults, and the remaining 82.66 percent accounts for residual variation within age classes. Discriminant function analysis correctly classified 80 percent and 72 percent of individuals to age classes 6 and 7, respectively, whereas all individuals in age class 8 were correctly classified. The implications of these findings for the taxonomy and systematics of the genus Proechimys are discussed.|
|Editor:||Gustav Fischer Verlag Jena|
|Citation:||Zeitschrift Fur Saugetierkunde-international Journal Of Mammalian Biology. Gustav Fischer Verlag Jena, v. 56, n. 4, n. 219, n. 224, 1991.|
|Appears in Collections:||Unicamp - Artigos e Outros Documentos|
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.