Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.unicamp.br/jspui/handle/REPOSIP/350488
Type: Artigo
Title: Impact of whey protein/surfactant mixture and oil type on the gastrointestinal fate of emulsions: ingredient engineering
Author: Gomes, A.
Costa, A. L. R.
Cardoso, D. D.
Furtado, G. D. F.
Cunha, R. L.
Abstract: The engineering of ingredients emerges as a strategy to design emulsified products aiming to control the lipid hydrolysis. In this context, oil-in-water (O/W) emulsions composed of different oil phases (Sunflower oil - LCT or NEOBEE® 1053 - MCT) and stabilized by whey protein isolate - WPI (1% w/w), Tween 80 – T80 (1% w/w) or varied ratios of WPI/T80 (0.9975%WPI/0.0025%T80; 0.75%WPI/0.25%T80; 0.5%WPI/0.5%T80 w/w) were produced and submitted to simulated gastrointestinal conditions. The lipolysis of LCT was influenced by the fatty acid chain length and emulsifier composition, while only the fatty acid chain length affected the lipolysis of MCT. The emulsions produced with LCT and 1%WPI or 09975%WPI/00025%T80 showed the highest release rate of free fatty acids (FFAs), but similar result was observed for the 0.5%WPI/0.5%T80 system. In the 0.5%WPI/0.5%T80 mixture, WPI and T80 worked together and achieved an improved performance during the gastric (stability similar as 1%T80 emulsion) and small intestinal phases (lipolysis similar as 1%WPI emulsion). The rational selection of ingredients is useful to design emulsions with improved performance as a delivery system since the emulsion structural stability during digestion, the oil type and interaction between lipase-interface had a marked impact on the efficiency of lipid digestion.
Subject: Lipolise
Óleo de girassol
Country: Reino Unido
Editor: Elsevier
Rights: Fechado
Identifier DOI: 10.1016/j.foodres.2020.109360
Address: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0963996920303859
Date Issue: 2020
Appears in Collections:FEA - Artigos e Outros Documentos

Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.