Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.unicamp.br/jspui/handle/REPOSIP/330390
Type: TESE DIGITAL
Degree Level: Doutorado
Title: Fatores de risco modificáveis associados aos sintomas do trato urinário inferior em pacientes masculinos avaliados na rotina urológica
Title Alternative: Is there room for behavioral and modifiable health-related targets in the lower urinary tract symptoms scenario
Author: Ikari, Osamu, 1947-
Advisor: Reis, Leonardo Oliveira, 1978-
Abstract: Resumo: Objetivos: Entender melhor os fatores de risco modificáveis orientadores de intervenções preventivas frente aos sintomas intensos do trato urinário inferior (STUI). Métodos: Análise transversal de homens atendidos em ambulatório de rotina urológica ao longo do ano de 2015 avaliou a associação entre o escore internacional de sintomas prostáticos (I-PSS) e dados sócio-demográficos, estilo de vida e fatores relacionados à saúde, através de regressão logística e linear ajustada para fatores de confusão. Foram excluídos os homens com cirurgia uretral ou da próstata. Resultados: Entre os 743 homens ? 40 anos, 22,6% relataram STUI moderados, e 5,0% STUI intensos. As chances ajustadas de STUI intensos aumentaram com: - aumento da idade (OR = 1,07, IC 95% = 1,05-1,09, p <0,0001), - aumento do volume da próstata (OR = 1,02, IC 95% = 1,01-1,04, p = 004), - nível de instrução decrescente (qualificação de nível superior, não contra sim, OR = 2,34; IC95% = 1,16-4,70; p = 0,0133), - ejaculação retardada (sim versus não, OR = 2,63, IC 95% = 1,43 -4,83, p <0,0001), - aumento da pressão arterial (sistólica ? 130 mmHg, OR = 2,03, IC 95% = 1,44-2,86, p <0,0001 ou diastólica ? 85 mmHg, OR = 1,47, 95% CI = 1,03 -2,10, p = 0,0345); STUI intensos diminuiu com: - aumento da frequência sexual semanal (OR = 0,80, IC 95% = 0,69-0,91, p = 0,0012) e - aumento do colesterol HDL (OR = 0,98, IC 95% = 0,97-0,99, p = 0,037 ). As probabilidades não foram significativas para a idade da iniciação sexual, ejaculação precoce, padrão masturbatório, atividade física, tabagismo, consumo de álcool, comprimento do pênis (objetivo e subjetivo), circunferência abdominal, obesidade, comorbidades, síndrome metabólica, glicemia sérica, testosterona, SHBG, PSA e estradiol. Conclusões: Foram identificados fatores de risco potencialmente modificáveis comportamentais, tais como educação, frequência sexual e ejaculação e relacionados à saúde, tais como pressão arterial e colesterol HDL para aconselhamento do paciente e controle de STUI intensos

Abstract: Objectives: To better understand modifiable risk factors guiding severe lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) preventive interventions. Methods: A cross-sectional analysis of men under prostate cancer screening measured the strength of association between the International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS) and socio-demographic, lifestyle and health-related factors using logistic and linear regression adjusted for confounding factors. Men with urethral or prostate surgery were excluded. Results: Among 743 men ? 40 years, 22.6% reported moderate, and 5.0% severe LUTS. The adjusted odds of severe LUTS increased with: - increasing age (OR=1.07, 95%CI=1.05-1.09, p<.0001), - increasing prostate volume (OR=1.02, 95%CI=1.01-1.04, p=.004), - decreasing education (tertiary qualification, no versus yes, OR=2.34; 95%CI=1.16-4.70; p=.0133), - delayed ejaculation (yes versus no, OR=2.63, 95%CI=1.43-4.83, p<.0001), - increasing blood pressure (systolic ? 130 mmHg, OR=2.03, 95%CI=1.44-2.86, p<.0001 or diastolic ? 85 mmHg, OR=1.47, 95%CI=1.03-2.10, p=.0345); severe LUTS decreased with: - increasing the weekly sexual frequency (OR=0.80, 95%CI=0.69-0.91, p=.0012) and - increasing HDL cholesterol (OR=0.98, 95%CI=0.97-0.99, p=0.037). Odds were not significant for age of sexual initiation, precocious ejaculation, masturbatory pattern, physical activity, smoking, alcohol consumption, penile length (objective and subjective), abdominal circumference, obesity, comorbid conditions, metabolic syndrome, serum glycaemia, testosterone, SHBG, PSA and estradiol. Conclusions: Potential modifiable behavioral (education, sexual frequency, ejaculation) and health-related (blood pressure, HDL cholesterol) targets were identified for patient counseling and severe LUTS improvement that should be looked for and managed
Subject: Sintomas do trato urinário inferior
Hiperplasia prostática
Editor: [s.n.]
Citation: IKARI, Osamu. Fatores de risco modificáveis associados aos sintomas do trato urinário inferior em pacientes masculinos avaliados na rotina urológica. 2016. 1 recurso online (56 p.). Tese (doutorado) - Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Faculdade de Ciências Médicas, Campinas, SP. Disponível em: <http://www.repositorio.unicamp.br/handle/REPOSIP/330390>. Acesso em: 31 ago. 2018.
Date Issue: 2016
Appears in Collections:FCM - Tese e Dissertação

Files in This Item:
File SizeFormat 
Ikari_Osamu_D.pdf1.1 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.