Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.unicamp.br/jspui/handle/REPOSIP/31047
Type: Artigo de periódico
Title: Structural analysis of the vegetation on a highland granitic rock outcrop in Southeast Brazil
Title Alternative: Análise estrutural da vegetação sobre um afloramento rochoso granítico de altitude no Parque Estadual da Serra do Brigadeiro, Minas Gerais, Brasil
Author: Caiafa, Alessandra N.
Silva, Alexandre F. da
Abstract: Granitic rock outcrops of the Brazilian southeast are either coastal or inland. The latter can often have high altitudes, such as in the summits of Serra do Mar and Serra da Mantiqueira, where they are known as Campos de Altitude. The landscape on these high altitude plateaux is often a mosaic of shrubs and treelets within a bunchgrass matrix, with sparse pteridophytes and other herbs, interspersed with variable extensions of rock outcrops. Despite the pervasiveness of rock outcrops in the Brazilian landscape, studies on the structural analysis of the vegetation on such formations are scarce. This study aimed to analyze the structure of the vegetation on a highland granitic rock outcrop in Parque Estadual da Serra do Brigadeiro, state of Minas Gerais, Southeast Brazil (42°20' - 42°40' S and 20°20' - 21°00' W, 1,722 m of elevation ). Quantitative parameters of absolute and relative frequency and dominance (cover) were estimated. The group analysis used the Jaccard similarity index. Trilepis lhotzkiana, Panicum sp. 1, and Vellozia variegata presented the highest relative frequencies, relative dominances and importance values. These three species, along with Dyckia bracteata, Rhynchospora emaciate, and Tibouchina cf. manicata, represented 98.3% of the relative dominance. The remaining 1.7% referred to 22 remaining species. The distinction among quadrats within formed groups by cluster analysis was due to the great number of low frequency species.
Os afloramentos rochosos graníticos do sudeste brasileiro ocorrem no litoral ou no interior. Neste segundo caso, incluem-se os Campos de Altitude, como aqueles encontrados nos cumes das Serras do Mar e da Mantiqueira. A fisionomia mais freqüentemente encontrada nos platôs é composta de mosaicos de arbustos e arvoretas, inseridos em uma matriz de touceiras de gramíneas, com pteridófitas e outras ervas dispostas espaçadamente, além de extensões variáveis de afloramentos rochosos. Apesar de freqüentes na paisagem brasileira, são escassos os trabalhos de análise estrutural da vegetação sobre afloramentos rochosos. O objetivo deste trabalho foi analisar a estrutura da vegetação sobre um afloramento rochoso granítico de altitude no Parque Estadual da Serra do Brigadeiro, MG (42°20' - 42°40' S e 20°20' - 21°00' W, 1.722 m de altitude). Foram estimados os parâmetros quantitativos de freqüência e dominância (cobertura), absolutas e relativas. A análise de agrupamento utilizou o índice de similaridade do Jaccard. Trilepis lhotzchiana, Panicum sp. 1 e Vellozia variegata apresentaram as maiores freqüências relativas, dominâncias relativas e os maiores valores de importância. Essas três espécies mais Dyckia bracteata, Rhynchospora emaciata e Tibouchina cf. manicata responderam por 98,3% da dominância relativa, os restantes 1,7% ficaram distribuídos por outras 22 espécies. A distinção das parcelas dentro dos grupos, formados na análise de agrupamento foi atribuída ao grande número de espécies de baixa freqüência.
Subject: afloramento rochoso
análise estrutural
campo de altitude
método de mapeamento fotográfico
Parque Estadual da Serra do Brigadeiro
high altitude vegetation
photographic chart method
rock outcrop
Parque Estadual da Serra do Brigadeiro
structural analysis
Editor: Sociedade Botânica de São Paulo
Rights: aberto
Identifier DOI: 10.1590/S0100-84042007000400010
Address: http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0100-84042007000400010
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0100-84042007000400010
Date Issue: 1-Dec-2007
Appears in Collections:Unicamp - Artigos e Outros Documentos

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
S0100-84042007000400010.pdf766.39 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.