Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.unicamp.br/jspui/handle/REPOSIP/15982
Type: Artigo de periódico
Title: Eletromiografia da laringe: estudo da contribuição diagnóstica em 30 pacientes com imobilidade de prega vocal
Title Alternative: Larynx electromyography: study of the diagnostic contribution in 30 patients carrying vocal fold immobility
Author: Crespo, Agrício N.
Wolf, Aline E.
Kimaid, Paulo A.
Quagliato, Elizabeth
Viana, Maura
Abstract: Introdução : Electromyography (EMG) is a technique developed and used in neurology for diagnosis and prognostic definition of neuromuscular diseases. Study design: Clinical prospective. Material and method: Thirty (30) patients with vocal fold immobility have been grouped according to the diagnostic hypothesis clinically established. Results: EMGL diagnosed peripherical neuropathic injury, central neuropathic injury or fixation of the cricoarterytenoideous in all patients who presented vocal fold immobility with no defined cause. In those patients carrying vocal fold immobility on account of mechanical traumatic cause, clinically so defined, EMGL confirmed peripheral neuropathic injury in 70% of the cases and for the remaining 30% of the cases, it determined other causes such as peripheral neuropathic of compression, myopia and fixation of the cricoarterytenoideous. Conclusion: EMGL confirmed a chronic neuropathic injury in those patients carrying vocal fold immobility by virtue of compression caused by a possible clinically defined tumor.
Introdução: A eletromiografia (EMG) é utilizada para diagnóstico e prognóstico de doenças neuromusculares. Objetivo: avaliar a contribuição da EMG no diagnóstico da imobilidade de prega vocal. Forma de estudo: Clínico prospectivo. Material e Método: Para avaliação da contribuição diagnóstica trinta pacientes com imobilidade de prega vocal foram divididos em três grupos de acordo com a hipótese diagnóstica firmada clinicamente e submetidos a exame eletromiográfico de laringe. Resultados: A EMGL diagnosticou lesão neuropática periférica, lesão neuropática central ou fixação cricoarinetóidea em todos os casos de prega vocal imóvel sem causa definida. Nos casos de prega vocal imóvel por trauma mecânico definido clinicamente, a EMGL confirmou lesão neuropática periférica em 70% dos casos, e determinou outra causa em 30% (neuropatia por compressão, miopatia e fixação cricoaritenóidea). Nos pacientes com prega vocal imóvel por possível compressão tumoral definida clinicamente, a EMGL confirmou lesão neuropática crônica. Conclusão: A EMGL contribui para a precisão do diagnóstico da imobilidade de prega vocal.
Subject: Eletromiografia
laringe
paralisia
Eletromiography
larynx
paralysis
Editor: ABORL-CCF Associação Brasileira de Otorrinolaringologia e Cirurgia Cérvico-Facial
Rights: aberto
Identifier DOI: 10.1590/S0034-72992002000300012
Address: http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0034-72992002000300012
http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0034-72992002000300012
Date Issue: 1-May-2002
Appears in Collections:Unicamp - Artigos e Outros Documentos

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
S0034-72992002000300012.pdf344 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.