Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://repositorio.unicamp.br/jspui/handle/REPOSIP/101346
Type: Artigo de periódico
Title: Larynx Electromyography: Study Of The Diagnostic Contribution In 30 Patients With Vocal Fold Immobility
Author: Crespo A.N.
Wolf A.E.
Kimaid P.A.
Quagliato E.
Viana M.
Abstract: Introdução: Electromyography (EMG) is a technique developed and used in neurology for diagnosis and prognostic definition of neuromuscular diseases. Study design: Clinical prospective. Material and method: Thirty (30) patients with vocal fold immobility have been grouped according to the diagnostic hypothesis clinically established. Results: LEMG diagnosed periphery neuropathic injury, central neuropathic injury or fixation of cricoarytenoid cartilage in all patients who presented vocal fold immobility with no defined cause. In those patients with vocal fold immobility on account of clinically defined mechanical traumatic cause, LEMG confirmed peripheral neuropathic damage in 70% of the cases and for the remaining 30% of the cases, it determined other causes such as peripheral neuropathy by compression, myopathy and fixation of cricoarytenoid cartilage. Conclusion: LEMG confirmed chronic neuropathic damage in those patients with vocal fold immobility by virtue of compression caused by a possible clinically defined tumor.
Editor: 
Rights: aberto
Identifier DOI: 
Address: http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-0036588369&partnerID=40&md5=53beb51f0e2bbe3ceaf17d54ab374b7f
Date Issue: 2002
Appears in Collections:Unicamp - Artigos e Outros Documentos

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
2-s2.0-0036588369.pdf344 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.